Labels

0 (1)

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Wiki-Sopa Loop



INT. A SUBURBAN HOME IN CALABASAS, CALIFORNIA.

Post meal, a dad retires to the next room to watch the news, a mother is cleaning the dishes and a young chap is trying to finish his homework. The date is January 18th, 2012.

DAD
Hun, that was a great dinner.

MOM
I’m glad you liked it.

KID
I’m gonna start my homework.

MOM
Ok honey, why don’t you stay down here and finish it.

KID
Sounds good.

Ten minutes pass.

KID (CONT’D)
Who invented electricity?

MOM
Umm, ummmmm, I used to know this. Let me ask your father. Fred, who invented electricity?

DAD
I don’t know. Just Wiki it.

MOM
We can’t, remember SOPA.

DAD
What?

MOM
SOPA!

DAD
Wiki.

MOM
SOPA.

DAD
Wiki.

KID
Stop! It’s ok, I’ll just do my math homework first.

Twenty minutes pass

KID (CONT’D)
What’s Pi?

MOM
A baked good.

KID
No, not that, it has something to do with math...like 3.14 or something.

MOM
Just Wiki it.

She is doing laundry in the other room but keeps the conversation going.

KID
Mom, I can’t......SOPA

MOM
WHAT?

KID
SOPA

MOM
WIKI.

KID
SOPA.

MOM
WIKI.

KID
SOPA. Never mind, I’m just gonna watch tv.

An hour later. The whole family is watching TV.

DAD
I love Seinfeld.

MOM
So do I.

KID
It’s funny.

MOM
What’s Jerry Seinfeld’s wife’s name?

KID/DAD
Wiki.

MOM
Sopa.

KID/DAD
Wiki.

MOM
Sopa.

End.

No comments:

Post a Comment