Labels

0 (1)

Sunday, October 9, 2011

What is Canadian Thanksgiving, eh'?


INT. A HOME IN CALGARY - EVENING

A family is getting ready to eat a Thanksgiving feast.

MOTHER
Ok, so can anyone tell us what
Thanksgiving is about, eh’.

BROTHER
I don’t know, eh’.

SISTER
I don’t know, eh’.

MOTHER
It’s okay kids, Thanksgiving is a
tricky one, your father will
explain, eh’.

FATHER
Ooohhhhhh, I don’t know, eh’.

MOTHER
Of course you know Wayne, tell the
kids the history of Canadian
Thanksgiving, not American
Thanksgiving, but Canadian
Thanksgiving eh’.

SISTER
I think it might be about land,
eh'.

BROTHER
Yeah, land, in Quebec, yeah, I think
that’s right eh’.

MOTHER
No, No, Noooooooooooo, eh’.

FATHER
Honey, I really don’t know what it
is about eh’. Let’s just eat, I
want to watch the hockey game, eh’.

MOTHER
Well, I guess it doesn’t really
matter. I have not got a clue in HE-
double hockey sticks why we
celebrate this holiday eh’.
(MORE)
But I do know that I spent the last
few hours cooking this amazing
bird, and I really want to eat it
eh’. So let’s just go around and
say what we are thankful for and
maybe later we can google it, eh’.

They all agree that’s a good idea.

SISTER
I am thankful for Degrassi High,
and Ryan Gosling, eh’.

BROTHER.
I am thankful for hockey, universal
health care, snow, and weed. Sorry
mom and dad, but it’s basically
legal, eh’.

FATHER
Seat warmers, eh’.

Father gives a thumbs up sign.

MOTHER
My family, eh’. My lovely Canadian
family, eh’. Now pass the bacon,
you hosers!

No comments:

Post a Comment