Labels

0 (1)

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Skip to the Loo, My Darling

EXT. AN OFFICE

A group of co-workers are going to get lunch.

CINDY
Is Sam coming? I only have like forty five minutes for lunch.

JOHN
I told him we were leaving.

James, a grown man in a suit comes skipping down the hall.

JAMES
Hey guys!

JOHN
Hi, are you excited about something?

CINDY
Yeah, you seem really happy.

JAMES
No more than usual. Are we going to Del Sace for lunch. I love that place.

CINDY
Yeah.

Cut to Cindy and John walking down the street. James is skipping.

JAMES
So, how about those Yankees?

CINDY (DISTRACTED)
They're okay. I think the restaurant is coming up here.

JAMES
Great.

JOHN (IMPATIENTLY)
Yeah, we should be there soon. I hope.

Cut to the restaurant.

James skips to the bathroom

JOHN (CONT’D)
Okay, is it just me, or is he skipping? The only people who skip are five year  old girls and some puppies.

CINDY
Maybe it’s just the way he likes to walk.

JOHN
Maybe, I’ve just never seen someone really skip as a mode of transportation.

James skips back to the table.

JAMES
Hey guys.

JOHN
Sure your not really happy about something?

JAMES
No, actually I had to put my rabbit down yesterday.

CINDY
Oh, I’m so sorry. That’s horrible.

JAMES
Yeah, but it was for the best. But that’s nothing compared to my money problems.

CINDY
Oh.

JAMES
Yeah, I have like no money and I’m totally in debt.

JOHN
I’m sorry.

JAMES
Well ya know, life sucks. Shall we go back to the office

JOHN
Yeah, are you sure you’re okay?

JAMES
No, I’m pretty depressed, but we have to go back to work.

JOHN
Okay.

CINDY
Okay.

Cindy and John walk back to the office. James skips.

End.

No comments:

Post a Comment