Labels

0 (1)

Saturday, September 22, 2012

You Look Tired

INT. AN OFFICE-MONDAY

Katrina enters, passing by Patty’s desk.

PATTY
Hey Katrina!

KATRINA
Hi Patty, did you have a good weekend?

PATTY
It was great, how was yours? You look tired.

KATRINA
Do I really? I actually got a lot of sleep this weekend.

PATTY
You did, wow! Yeah, you really look tired. Your eyes look like they are ready for laundry day!

Katrina taken back, walks to the bathroom.

INT. BATHROOM

Katrina applies makeup.

KATRINA
Do I look that tired. I mean I don’t have the best lighting in my apartment, but I never thought that this was really an issue? Oh well, back to work.

Cut to:

THE NEXT DAY

Katrina enters the office. She has her hair blown out, tasteful make-up and a pair of pearl earrings. Passes Patty.

KATRINA (CONT’D)
Hi Patty.

PATTY
Holy cow, what bed did you roll out of this morning?

KATRINA (HORRIFIED)
What?

PATTY
You look sooooooo tired, I mean I know you like to drink, but I didn’t really know that it was a problem.

KATRINA
It’s not a problem, I went to bed at 9:30 last night.

PATTY
Yeah, and I was on “So You Think You Can Dance”.

KATRINA
You know, you are being really rude, and to think that I woke up extra early this morning to impress you.

PATTY
It’s not about impressing me, you just look extremely and incredibly tired.

KATRINA
Ughhhhh, I’m going to my desk.

PATTY
Toodles!
At Katrina’s desk, she is gulping back tears. She takes out her compact and tried to examine herself

KATRINA
I look good, don’t I?

Cut to:

THE NEXT DAY

Katrina comes into the office with her hair up in a tight sophisticated bun, a black power suit, ten inch Louboutin’s and bright, red lipstick.

KATRINA (CONT’D)
Hi, Patty!

PATTY
Cowabunga!

KATRINA
Okay, that’s it! I don’t look tired, so don’t even say that I do. I look hot and I’m very well rested. So just save it. Who are you to judge me, you do know that shoulder pads went out in the Eighties, right? And French manicures just scream, “I married for money”. So please Patty, just keep your comments to yourself and leave me alone.

Katrina storms off to her desk.

PATTY
I was gonna say you look nice. Wow, touchy.

Katrina hears this at her desk.

KATRINA
God, I need to get a new job!

End.

No comments:

Post a Comment