Labels

0 (1)

Friday, September 23, 2011

HAVING A GUEST IN A STUDIO APARTMENT IN NYC


INT. JACK AND KYLIE’S APARTMENT- MORNING

Jack and Kylie are sleeping in the bed, Pablo, Kylie’s
brother, is sleeping on the futon that is out on the floor.
Jack’s cell phone alarm goes off.
Note: all the dialogue is whispered.

JACK
I’m up.

KYLIE
Ok, I will be up in minute.
Jack goes to the bathroom. Kylie makes some coffee.

KYLIE (CONT’D)
Did you feed Bob?

JACK
When? Last night or in the five
minutes that I have been up?

KYLIE
Ok, I will feed him.

JACK
He doesn’t like the wet food he
only likes the dry.

KYLIE
Yeah, I think we have to start
feeding him the dry food. He really
likes the chicken flavor.

JACK
Yeah, I know he loves the chicken.
Pablo is still “sleeping”.

KYLIE
What do you have to do today?

JACK
I have to work and then I am going
to the gym and then to an audition.
Their voices are beyond a whisper now, they are talking in a
normal tone.

KYLIE
Ok, so I think I am going to make
the pasta with the turkey bacon, is
that ok, I mean I know that you
don’t love turkey bacon but....

JACK
Yeah, I don’t love turkey bacon,
but I can totally make an exception
this time, no worries at all, so
should I pick up a salad or
something.

KYLIE
Ok, we should actually stop talking
because Pablo can hear us.

PABLO
Actually guys, I have been up for
the last ten minutes. You are
having turkey bacon with the pasta
for dinner and you have to get more
dry cat food.

JACK
Well since you are up, I am just
gonna jump over you here to get my
clothes from the closet
The futon is right up against the closet, so Jack literally
has to squeeze his way into the closet to get his cloths.
Jack jumps over the futon with Pablo sleeping on it and
searches for his clothes in the closet and then jumps back.

JACK (CONT’D)
Oh, I forgot my tie!
He jumps back to the closet and then back again.

JACK (CONT’D)
Oh, shoot and my vest.

He jumps back again.

PABLO
I can just get up, I mean I was
thinking of getting up anyway.

KYLIE
Oh no, you take your time, we are
just gonna make our morning
smoothies and then we will be out
of you hair and off to work.

Kylie starts grinding fruit into the blender.

No comments:

Post a Comment