Labels

0 (1)

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Talking with your hair dresser for three hours while you get your hair done!


INT. HAIR SALON- SOMEWHERE A LITTLE ABOVE FOURTEENTH STREET-DAY

Hour 1- Foils.

Jasmine is putting foils in Kim’s hair.

JASMINE
So have you seen any good movies
lately?

KIM
Drive, Our Idiot Brother,
Contagion.

JASMINE
Oh, I heard that Drive was good.

KIM
Yeah, it was.

JASMINE
Like, really good?

KIM
Yeah. It was really, really good.

JASMINE
And I didn’t like Contagion. It was
just ok.

KIM
Yeah, I mean it had a stellar cast,
but there wasn’t anything that
really stood out about it.

JASMINE
Yeah, I know what you mean.

KIM
So.

JASMINE
Yeah.

KIM
My head is burning a bit.

JASMINE
OK, it’s time to rinse ya! Come on.

HOUR 2. RINSING

Jasmine is rinsing Kim’s hair.

KIM
Do you have a Mac computer?

JASMINE
Yeah, I love the HD screen.

KIM
I know, I love watching movies and
stuff on the computer. It’s so much
better than our TV.

JASMINE
Where did you get the Mac?

KIM
At the Mac Store.

JASMINE
Soho?

KIM
Yeah.

JASMINE
Yeah, I don’t have a pro, but I do
have an iPad. Do you want to see
it?

KIM
Sure.

Kim takes the iPad and points to the picture on the screen.

JASMINE
Oh, that’s my boyfriend. Isn’t he
rad. Ok, let’s lean you back.

KIM
Yeah. Rad.

JASMINE
He is so rad. I love him.
Jasmine, leans Kim’s hair back. Kim is starring at the
ceiling.

KIM
I love the lights you guys have in
here.

JASMINE
Thanks.

KIM
Yeah.

JASMINE
They. Are. Cool.

KIM
Lights.

JASMINE
Cool.

Hour 3. Blow Drying

JASMINE (CONT’D)
Do you ever take the subway?

KIM
Ok, let me stop you right there.
Yes, I take the subway, and look I
know that you are my hairdresser,
and that part of your job is to
talk to me ad nauseam, but with me
that is really not necessary. It’s
bad enough that I have to stare at
myself in your over sized mirrors
for three hours while I wait
patiently for the burning on my
scalp to subside, but making idle
conversation just to make idle
conversation is not my idea of a
good time. So let’s just sit in
silence. Now I am going to read my
book: The Vampire Lestat and you
can just focus on my hair. Clear.

JASMINE
Is your scalp really burning?

End.

No comments:

Post a Comment