Labels

0 (1)

Wednesday, September 14, 2011


MORNING CAT

By Katie Repman


INT. JAMES AND KATHY’S APARTMENT-NIGHT

James and Kathy sleep soundly.


CAT

Meow!


JAMES

Ugghhh


CAT

Meow!


KATHY

Can you get him?


JAMES

It’s four in the morning, we gave

him food last night, maybe he needs

water?


CAT

Meow, Meow.....purrr


JAMES

He’s purring I think that he wants

to play with us.


KATHY

It’s four in the morning!


CAT

Meoooooowwwww!!!!!


James gets up, turns on the light and puts on a clown nose.

Kathy gets up and puts on a pink tutu and a tiara and a clown

nose. Cat looks so happy and excited! He is purring. Kathy

and James begin to “play with the cat”.


KATHY

Oh Mr. Pacman will you marry me?


JAMES

No, I won’t Miss Tallulah.

Miss Tallulah begins to cry.


KATHY

But Mr. Pacman, I love you.


Cat is watching them as if it is point match at the US open.

He has stopped meowing and looks extremely happy.


JAMES

I won’t marry you, unless you can

find me the eye of a dead horse,

fairy’s blood and the heart of the

ocean.


Kathy looks annoyed.


KATHY

OK.


Kathy goes and finds a button, ketchup and the shell that

they brought back from their Honeymoon in Hawaii.


KATHY (CONT’D)

Here you are Mr. Pacman, everything

you wanted. Now will you be mine or

what?


JAMES

Of course Miss. Tallulah, you are

my everything, you are my heart, I

will love you forever and ever.

James smears the ketchup all over Kathy’s face, puts the

button in her mouth and puts the shell to his ear, then he

starts to sing “My Heart Will Go On” from Titanic. After

several minutes Kathy joins in. Cat stares at them

mesmerized. The song is soothing to Cat’s ears and he begins

to fall asleep.


JAMES (CONT’D)

I think he’s asleep.


KATHY

Really, are you sure?


JAMES

Yeah. Okay let’s go back to bed, I

can help you with the Ketchup.


KATHY

I think next time I should just

dress up like a fairy and you could

cut my arm so a little bit of blood

comes out. I think that might be

more authentic.


JAMES

You’re right, Cat is a harsh critic

and I think he’s beginning to catch

on that Ketchup is not really

blood.


KATHY

Good night! What time are you

getting up?


JAMES

In about 45 minutes.


KATHY

Cool, see you in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment