Labels

0 (1)

Saturday, September 1, 2012

I WANNA SHOW SHOW YOU SOMETHING......

INT. RESTAURANT

A mother and daughter are sitting at a table, ready to order. The waiter approaches them.

FRED
Um, hi my name is Fred, I’ll be your server.... what can I get for you today?

MOM
I’m starving, I think I’m gonna have the lamb.

DAUGHTER
Yeah, that sounds great.

Fred starts to chuckle silently to himself.

FRED
Okay, are you sure that’s what you want to order?

DAUGHTER/MOTHER
Yeah, that’s it.

FRED
Okay, well before you do that, I want to show you something.

MOM/DAUGHTER
Okay.

Fred goes into the kitchen, returning with a lamb.

FRED
Okay, guys. You probably don’t realize this, but this lamb here is what your about to eat. Now, just look at him. Don’t turn away, just take a long, hard look at this beautiful, innocent face.

MOM
Awww.... he is so cute.

FRED
I don’t think that you want me to go in the back, murder this delicate creature and serve it to you, do you?

DAUGHTER (TEARFULLY)
No, I would never want to harm him.

FRED
Good, I didn’t think so.

MOM
Well,  then why don’t you just give us a moment.

Fred takes the lamb back into the kitchen

FRED
Have you decided?

DAUGHTER
I think that I will have the chicken instead.

FRED
Oh, okay but before you do that. I want to show you something.

DAUGHTER
Okay, but I’m getting really hungry.

Fred goes in the back and brings out a Mexican man named Pollo.

FRED
Okay guys, this is Pollo.

POLLO
Ola!

MOM/DAUGHTER
Ola.

FRED
Pollo raises chickens in his farm and has grown incredibly attached them. He think of them as his children. It would indisputably devastate him, if you were to savagely ravage one of his chickens. It would be like you would be killing one of his own.

Pollo begins to talk quickly in Spanish desperately pleading the case of the chicken.

DAUGHTER
Okay, Pollo, calm down. We are not going to hurt your chickens.

MOM
God, what is this place? Is there anything we can order?

DAUGHTER
You know, I’m not really that hungry anymore. Maybe just some water. Fred?

FRED
Yes, my love.

DAUGHTER
Could we just get some water?

FRED
Okay, but before I get the water for you, I want to show you something? Follow me.

DAUGHTER
Are you kidding me?

FRED
Have you guys ever heard of fracking? Fracking is the heinous hydraulic fracturing technology that the energy industry hopes to use to expand natural gas production in the United States.

DAUGHTER
How does this affect us, I just want some water!

Fred, the mother and daughter come up to the faucet. Fred takes out a lighter.

FRED
If I light this and put it under the faucet, you will see exactly what I’m talking about. I’m talking about explosives, the faucet is going to explode......

DAUGHTER
Don’t do that.

MOM
Yeah, let’s go, please don’t blow up the restaurant.

FRED
I’m gonna do it.

MOM/DAUGHTER
Don’t do it.

FRED
I’m doing it.

MOM/DAUGHTER
Nooooooo.

The restaurant explodes. Pollo is seen walking away without a limb. The mom and daughter are dead. Fred comes out, unharmed.

FRED
That was fun, now I want to show you something.....

End.


No comments:

Post a Comment