Labels

0 (1)

Monday, September 24, 2012

Skype Fight

INT. AN APARTMENT

Tina is “skyping” with her boyfriend Steve.

TINA
I miss you. I hate that you have to work so far away.

STEVE
I know, being a professional cat sitter does have it’s disadvantages. It’s not as bad as I thought it was gonna be here in Tightwad , Missouri (it’s a real place, just go look it up, I dare ya!)

TINA
Yeah, well it is your dream career, and I’m really trying to be supportive but the long distance is just killing me.

STEVE
Well, I’m sorry but it’s not always about you.

The fight is heightened.

TINA
I know, I know, and it’s not all about you. Just beca......

The connection is lost and the screen becomes frozen on Tina’s face.

Cut to Steve yelling at the screen.

STEVE
You’re frozen!

He stares at Tina’s frozen face on the screen which looks  like a a smashed beetle on a car’s windshield. Finally the screen unfreezes.

TINA
Idiot!

STEVE
What?

TINA
Did you hear what I just said?

STEVE
No, you were frozen but I really don’t appreciate being called an idiot, you’re an idiot.

TINA
I am not, this is really not working.

STEVE
You know I’m really trying here. Do you think that cat sitting is eas.....

Steve’s connection cuts out.

Cut to Tina’s apartment in Elephant Butte, New Mexico (look it up).

TINA
You’re frozen, you idiot!

The connection is regained.

STEVE
And that is why I had to sleep with your sister.

TINA
WHAT? You just cut out again.

STEVE
I just cut out, ugghhhh I hate technology.

TINA
YOU SLEPT WITH MY SISTER!!!

STEVE
Oh don’t just blame this whole thing on me, you have been totally M.I.A for months now.

TINA
Well, at least I was try....

Tina is frozen.

Cut to Tightwad.

STEVE
Aaahhhhhhahhahhhhhhhhhh!

The connection is regained.

TINA
And that’s why I had to shoot him in the head.

STEVE
WHAT????? YOU MURDERED SOMEONE!!!!!

TINA
I had to, didn’t you here what I just said.

STEVE
YOU WERE FROZEN.

TINA
I WAS FROZEN?

STEVE
WHY DO WE EVEN SKYPE? I THINK WE WOULD HAVE MORE SUCCESS WITH OUR COMMUNICATION IF WE USED A PHONE.

TINA
Yeah, I guess you’re right.

STEVE
It seems like we have a lot to talk about.

TINA
Yeah, but I do love you.

STEVE
Come here. I love you too.

Tina presses her lips towards the screen, and so does Steve. They both have duck faces and are pretending to kiss. The screen freezes.

TINA/STEVE
Son of a.......

End.

No comments:

Post a Comment