Labels

0 (1)

Monday, September 10, 2012

Sunday Grocery Shopping

INT. A TRENDY GROCERY STORE ON THE UPPER EAST SIDE.

The store is filled to the brim with people No one can move.

JOE
Excuse me.

CAT
Excuse me.

JOE
Excuse me.

CAT
Excuse me.

They bump into other people’s carts.

JOE
Sorry, I didn’t mean to....

CAT
Sorry, excuse me.

JOE
I just need to grab the grapes.

CAT
I can’t really move.

JOE
I can’t move either. If you jump over that lady, you might be able to grab them.

CAT
Alright, never mind, I guess we don’t need grapes this week.

JOE
I’m gonna go downstairs, it might be less busy.

CAT
Sounds good.

Cut to downstairs. It’s even worse than the top floor, and the shelves are almost bare, especially the gluten-free section.

JOE
Arrrhggggggg.

CAT
Honey, I’m stuck in the meats. There’s too many people, I can’t get out of this jam.

JOE
Ok, don’t panic. Let’s just split up. I will meet you upstairs at the checkout.

CAT
Okay, I love you.

JOE
I love you too. God speed.

CAT
God speed.

Three hours later.

JOE
Well, all I could get was this box of raisins, and this bottle of Pepto-Bismol.

CAT
Yeah, all I could get was this jar of pickles and this bag of Tostitos.

JOE
Maybe we'll have better luck next weekend.

CAT
Yeah.

JOE
Yeah.

They leave, discouraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment