Labels

0 (1)

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Finding a parking spoint in New York City


EXT. A SIDE STREET

Kelly and Jim is sitting in a car.

KELLY
Okay, it doesn’t look like there are any spots down here.

JIM
Let’s go down 75th.

KELLY
Okay.

Kelly drives down the street. There are no spots.

JIM
Here.

KELLY
Fire hydrant.

JIM
Right.

KELLY
What about 77th?

They drive down 77th.

JIM
Nothing.

KELLY
Nothing.

Two hours pass.

JIM
I don’t think we are gonna find a spot.

KELLY
At least I have my Ipad. We should get some food.

JIM
Okay, let’s stop at this Duane Read, but I won’t be able to stop the car, so you’ll have to just jump out. “Speed” style.

KELLY
No problem.

Kelly jumps out, Jim circles the block. Kelly jumps back in.

JIM
Nice, you got Twizzlers.

Four days later.

KELLY
I really thought we would have found a spot by now.

JIM
I know, but I guess we need to just keep circling. So I will pick you up after work, and then you can circle and I’ll go to work. We can switch off every hour. Sound good?

Kelly rolls out of the car.

KELLY
Have a good day. I love you.

Five days later. Still circling.

JIM
Have a fun at the party, we can switch off in an hour.

KELLY
Okay, see you soon.

Kelly rolls out of the car.

JIM
Have fun. I’ll keep looking for a spot.

KELLY
Okay.

Six days later.

KELLY (CONT’D)
I wonder if we will ever see our cat again?

JIM
I don’t know.

KELLY
Hun, look there’s a spot!

JIM
Oh yes.

Jim pulls up beside it.

KELLY
Okay, park it.

JIM
I can’t parallel park, it, like, totally freaks me out. I don’t want to dent another car.

KELLY
Do a three point turn or something. I don’t think a passed that part of the exam.

JIM
Ughh, I can’t, I can’t do it.

While they are deliberating, someone takes the spot.

KELLY
Oh crap on a stick!

JIM
I guess we will just keep circling.

KELLY
Yup.

They continue to circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment