Labels

0 (1)

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Rail Revolt

INT. A NEW YORK SUBWAY TRAIN

Ana is reading “War and Peace” and is trying to just get to work. Suddenly the train stops.

TRAIN ANNOUCEMENT
We are delayed because of train traffic ahead. Please be patient.

ANA
Fuck my ass!

PASSENGER 1
I know right!

PASSENGER 2
This always happens in the mornings.

ANA
I’m claustrophobic. Ugghhhh!

She starts to take her jacket off. Her breathing is getting a little heavier.

PASSENGER 3
Are you okay?

ANA
I have to get out of here!

Ana tries to pry the doors open. They don’t budge.

TRAIN ANNOUCEMENT
We are delayed because of train traffic ahead.

ANA
Fuck me with a deceased foot! I need to get out of here. Errrrghhhh!

PASSENGER 3
Okay, lady you need to come down. We are all miserable here but you seem to be taking it to the extreme.

PASSENGER 1
Yeah, we will be moving shortly. Just try and think of a nice relaxing place. Like our mothers womb.

ANA
What? We have to get out of here, I’m not kidding, I’m seriously going to have an fucking panic attack.

Ana is now hyperventilating.

PASSENGER 1
Okay, you are really starting to piss me off. CALM DOWN!

ANA
Fuck me with a parasitic taint without a mesh lining.

PASSENGER 2
Parasitic taint? What are you talking about.

ANA 
We need to fight the oppressive of these train operators! Who’s with me?

PASSENGER 2
Not me! I gotta get to work. I don’t have time for this shit!

ANA
We must revolt.

Ana stands on one of the seats. Takes off her scarf, waves it and begins to sing “Do You Hear the People sing” from “Les Miserables”.

ANA
“Do you hear the people sing?
Singing the songs of angry men?
It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again.”

Passenger 1, moved by her passion, joins in.

PASSENGER 1
“When the beating of your heart,”

PASSENGER 2
“Echoes the beating of the drums,”

PASSENGER 3
“There is a life about to start when tomorrow comes.”

They all hold the note a little too long. They are waving scarves and newspapers. Suddenly the train starts again and Ana falls to the ground. She gets a hold of herself, sits back down and begins to read again.

ANNA
Mondays! Am I right?

End.

No comments:

Post a Comment